The best 5G phones aim to deliver on the hype we’ve been hearing about 5G long before the new networking standard even launched. With every major carrier having launched 5G in some form and Apple introducing its first 5G phones, it’s now time to decide whether it’s worth ensuring your next smartphone can hook up with the new networking standard.
The answer so far? you’ll get blazing speeds, as long as you’re in a neighborhood with 5G coverage. But 5G phones have more to supply than simply speedier downloads.
Since most new smartphones are 5G-compatible, this list could easily become a re-run of our ‘best phones’ list. Instead, we’ve broken this list into a couple of different categories, so it can cater to you whatever you wish during a smartphone.
Each of those entries features a ‘best’ model and a ‘runner up’. This is often so you’ve got a choice even within the categories, which is particularly important as long as not all of our greatest phone picks are available within the US.
We’ve reached the top of the year – a minimum of consistent with the smartphone’s calendar, with no big launches left – so this line-up likely won’t change until the New Year. There could be some wild cards though, so we will not say that needless to say.
Motorola Razr 5G (2020) Dual-SIM XT2071-4 256GB ROM + 8GB RAM Factory Unlocked Flip
This Motorola Razr 5G (2020) Iconic, flippable design meets 5G speed within the new Motorola Razr. Thus, With two fully capable screens, Razr is proof that great things happen when opposites close. Furthremore, This Smartphone is compatible/will work with any GSM Networks like AT&T, T-Mobile. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE & 5G compatibility, please ask your network provider beforehand before your purchase.
In addition, This phone won’t WORK with any US CDMA Networks like VERIZON, SPRINT, US CELLULAR.
- Product Dimensions: 6.64 x 2.86 x 0.31 inches
- Item Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Item model number: PAJR0002GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- Phone Standby Time (with data) 285 hours
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Date First Available: September 28, 2020
- For USA Buyers: This Smartphone is compatible/will work with any GSM Networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE & 5G compatibility, please check with your network provider in advance before your purchase. This phone WILL NOT WORK with any US CDMA Networks such as VERIZON, SPRINT, US CELLULAR.
- Main Display: 6.2” foldable plastic OLED, foldable touchscreen display, HD+ (2142 x 876 p), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 | External Display: 2.7” glass OLED, touchscreen display, SD (800 x 600 p)
- 256GB Internal Storage, 8GB RAM
- Android 10, Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Adreno 620 GPU, 2800 mAh Battery with 15W TurboPower charging, Rear fingerprint reader
- Primary Camera: 48 MP Quad Pixel for 12 MP output | f/1.7 aperture | 1.6 µm pixel size | OIS. Front Camera: 20 MP Quad Pixel | f/2.2 aperture | 1.6 µm pixel size
ASUS ROG Gaming Phone 3-6.59” FHD+ 2340x1080 HDR 144Hz Display
This ROG Phone 3 uses the newest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus mobile platform with worldwide 5G capability. Also, Built for dedicated gamers, it’s a tremendous new 144Hz/1 ms display that leaves the competition standing. Moreover, Alongside slick features alongside optional modular accessories, you’ll also find a monster 6000 mAh, a unique side-charging design option, dual front-facing stereo speakers. ROG Phone 3 is everything you’ve always wanted for mobile gaming.
In addition, The ROG Kunai Gamepad 3 are often used as a standalone controller or attached to the phone for physical gamepad control, ROG Clip secures your ROG Phone 3 with the controller of your choice- like Xbox wireless controller or Stadia controller, The TwinView Dock 3 provides dual-screen gaming experience with 144Hz refresh rate for split-screen live-streaming, extended game display and more. Connect Mobile Desktop Dock to an external 4K monitor, mouse, and keyboard or Kunai gamepad for PC or console gaming.
- Product Dimensions: 6.7 x 3.1 x 0.4 inches
- Item Weight: 8.5 ounces
- Item model number: ZS661KS-12G512G
- Date First Available: October 8, 2020
- Manufacturer: Asus
- The AeroActive Cooler 3 Clip-on cooling fan is designed to increase airflow to keep your phone cool during peak performance usage and heavy gaming.
- A constant, reliable connection is vital for gaming. With 5G and WiFi 6 support
- The triple-camera system on ROG Phone is designed to produce superb-quality photos and videos in any settings
- Featuring an illuminated rear ROG logo that can display a whole rainbow of lighting schemes.
- The ROG Kunai Gamepad 3 can be used as a standalone controller or attached to the phone for physical gamepad control
- ROG Clip secures your ROG Phone 3 with the controller of your choice
- The TwinView Dock 3 provides a dual-screen gaming experience with 144Hz refresh rate for split-screen live-streaming,
- Connect Mobile Desktop Dock to an external 4K monitor, mouse, and keyboard or Kunai gamepad for PC or console gaming.
Black Shark 3 Gaming 5G Phone, 6.67 inch Cell Phone,Android 10 Snapdragon 865 Unlocked Mobile Phone
This Black Shark 3 mobile is both vertically and horizontally symmetrical on the rear, so you’ll feel the balance between your two hands. Likewise, The rear of the Black Shark 3 is curved and has two diamond shapes that are slightly raised to support your hands. So you’ll easily control your device regardless of how you hold it.Likewise, The 270Hz touch refresh is the highest-rated and results with rock bottom touch latency at 24ms. Experience the fastest trigger and therefore the most fluid swipe ever together with your fingers.
In addition, The 4th generation of Black Shark’s liquid cooling system features a revolutionary “Sandwich” structure. With the SoC, WIFI chipset, 5G modern, charging circuit, and other heating components spread on the 2 sides of the most board, the 2 super long liquid cooling pipes cover each side of the board and are in direct contact with the components. The warmth spreads out from each side simultaneously improving the cooling efficiency by 50%.
- Package Dimensions: 7.32 x 3.82 x 3.78 inches
- Item Weight: 1.61 pounds
- Colour: Midnight Black
- Manufacturer: Black Shark
- Date First Available: September 8, 2020
- The 270Hz touch refresh is the highest-rated and results in the lowest touch latency at 24ms. Experience the fastest trigger and the most fluid swipe ever with your fingers.
- Offering an ultra-wide 6.67 inches HD large screen, The Black Shark 3 Unlocked gaming phone with a 19:9 aspect ratio to provide maximum viewing effects, allowing you to enjoy games, movies, photos, and other content happily.
- The Black Shark 3 cell phone features the world’s 1st dual battery system with series charging and parallel discharging. The series charging enables super-fast 65W hyper charging while the parallel discharging provides extra battery life for longer use.
- The Black Shark 3 supports both NSA and SA 5G networks. It also supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard, which is 270% faster than Wi-Fi 5 standard.
Samsung Electronics Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Factory Unlocked Android Cell Phone,
This Samsung Electronics Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Factory Unlocked Android telephone, US Version, 128GB of Storage, Mobile Gaming Smartphone, Long-Lasting Battery, This is not the time to hamper, this is often the time to forge ahead and take the opportunities that come your way. Therefore, You don’t need a smartphone. You would like an influential phone. One as beautiful because it is intelligent with a pen that’s mightier, A battery that does not leave you hanging and is as well-connected as you. Furthermore,Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G takes power to subsequent levels with cutting-edge technology, letting you master whatever you select to try to do next. Pen precision meets PC power with S Pen and Samsung Notes. So responsive, it seems like you’re employing a real pen to jot notes and sketch ideas. Then convert into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, and save and sync across all of your Galaxy devices while on the go. Send files to your friends wirelessly with Point to Share with other compatible Samsung devices.
In addition, Simply select the photographs, videos, or documents you would like to share, then point your Galaxy Note20 Ultra at your friend’s device and tap Share. Intelligent Battery and Super Fast Charge learn from how you’re employed and play to optimize battery life and boost your battery in minutes. Get the simplest Galaxy mobile gaming within the palm of your hand with its smooth gameplay experience and therefore the adaptive Dynamic AMOLED 2X display. Get smooth motion, fluid scrolling, and low blue light emissions on the 6.9″ Infinity-O Display. HyperFast Processor transforms your working, gaming, and bingeing so you’ll multitask without slowing down.
- Product Dimensions: 0.32 x 6.49 x 3.04 inches
- Item Weight: 1.06 ounces
- RAM: 8 GB
- Form Factor: Smartphone
- Colour: Mystic Black
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- S Pen & Samsung Notes: Pen precision meets PC power with S Pen & Samsung Notes
- Intelligent Battery & Super Fast Charge
- Display & Gaming: The best Galaxy mobile gaming and display experience yet
- HyperFast Processor: Multitask with Samsung’s fastest Note processor yet
- Point to share: With point to share technology,
- Expandable Memory: Store all your heroes photos and videos
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more, and never miss a beat
OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black, 5G Unlocked Android Smartphone U.S Version,
This OnePlus 8 Pro Onyx Black, 5G Unlocked Android Smartphone U.S. Version, 12GB RAM+256GB Storage, 120Hz Fluid Display, Quad Camera, Wireless Charge, with Alexa Built-in.Thus, State-of-the-art LPDDR5 RAM Drastically improves operating speed by 30% WHILE CONSUMING 20% less power. Moreover,Sometimes, More is more.
In addition, Capture landscapes and group photos or explore interesting now angles with a sweeping 116 ultra wide-angle angle camera.
- Product Dimensions: 6.51 x 2.93 x 0.31 inches
- Item Weight: 1.3 pounds
- RAM: 12 GB
- GPS: Geotagging
- Colour: Onyx Black
- Manufacturer: OnePlus
- 120 Hz Fluid Display – Watch your favorite shows and movies on a state-of-the-art 6.78″ QHD+ display with brilliant color accuracy and a seamless 120 Hz refresh rate.
- 5G Capable – Experience faster upload and download speeds along with lower latency when connected to a 5G network.
- 48 MP Quad Camera – Frame every moment with a 48 MP main camera and 48 MP Ultra Wide Angle camera.
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage – Experience powerhouse performance with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- High-Capacity 4510 mAh Battery – Speed up your charge
- OnePlus with Alexa Built-in provides Hands-Free access to Alexa.
Xiaomi Mi 10 128GB, 8GB RAM, 6.67" DotDisplay,
This Xiaomi Mi 10 series sets the benchmark for next-generation performance. Experience extreme power and efficiency with the newest LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.0 ROM technology, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 platform. Whether at work or play, expect to possess your expectations surpassed. Also, Super-fast download speeds are just the start. Say hello to smarter and more robust network standards that deliver greater security, stability, and reliability. Furthermore, Experience the web of the longer term with support for 5G and Wi-Fi 6, bolstered by Xiaomi’s advanced 5G MultiLink technology. Being the pioneer of 108MP smartphone cameras, Xiaomi is now once more pushing smartphone photography to an entirely new level. Backed by the Qualcomm Spectra 480 ISP, machine learning-based AI optimizations, and HEIF lossless compression technology, we prolong the facility of 108 megapixels to the fullest.
In addition, Meet Xiaomi’s best display so far! it’s a high refresh rate of 90Hz and a rate of 180Hz. Whether you’re reading or playing games, the screen is smoother and has better sensitivity than ever. At an equivalent time, it also has the simplest color accuracy among Xiaomi’s current displays. The 5G requires the support of local operator services, and should not be available altogether regions (Be conscious of this, please) This Factory Unlocked Smartphone will work on most of the GSM carriers as long is compatible with the Bands, but please remember that’s not compatible with CDMA carriers like Sprint, Verizon, Boost, or US Cellular.
- Package Dimensions: 7.6 x 3.9 x 2.7 inches
- Item Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Date First Available: July 21, 2020
- Manufacturer: Xiaomi
- LTE Cat15 (Bands 1/3/7/8/20/28/38/40)> (ensure to check compatibility with your carrier before purchase) – 5GSub6G: n1/n3/n7/n28/n77/n78 (5G requires the support of local operator services, and may not be available in all regions) – Single Nano-SIM slot
- 6.67″ AMOLED Display 2340 x 1080 FHD+, TÜV Rheinland low blue light certification, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 – Supports 2.4G Wi-Fi / 5G Wi-Fi
- 128GB Built-in memory, 8GB RAM – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 flagship platform, AIE
- 108MP ultra-clear primary sensor, 13MP ultra wide-angle, 2MP depth sensor, 2MP macro lens, 8K video recording – Front Camera: 20MP Ultra-clear Front Camera
Google Pixel 5 5G (2020) GTT9Q 128GB (GSM | CDMA) Factory
This Google Pixel 5 5G (2020) is compatible/will work with CERTAIN GSM Networks and CDMA.Likewise, For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G, or CDMA compatibility, please check with your network provider in advance before your purchase. Moreover, enjoy smooth streaming, and play your favorite games. Pixel 5 also takes stunning ultrawide photos in any light, charges wirelessly, and is water-resistant.
In addition, Compatible to use with network sim cards that work on.
- Product Dimensions: 5.67 x 2.73 x 0.32 inches
- Item Weight: 5 ounces
- Colour: Just Black
- Manufacturer: Google
- Date First Available: October 16, 2020
- This Smartphone is compatible/will work with CERTAIN GSM Networks and CDMA. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G, or CDMA compatibility,
- Fullscreen 151 mm (6.0″) display with a transmissive hole
- 128 GB Storage | 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 2.4 GHz + 2.2 GHz + 1.8 GHz, 64-bit Octa-Core Adreno 620, 4000 mAh Battery
- Rear camera: 12.2 MP dual-pixel 1.4 μm pixel width | Video : 1080p @ 30 fps, 60 fps, 120 fps, 240 fps 4K @ 30 fps, 60 fps |Front : 8 MP 1.12 μm pixel width ƒ/2.0 aperture
Huawei P40 Pro (5G) ELS-NX9 Dual/Hybrid-SIM 256GB (GSM Only | No CDMA) Factory
This Huawei P40 Pro (5G) ELS-NX9 Dual/Hybrid-SIM 256GB (GSM Only | No CDMA) Factory Unlocked Smartphone (Black) – International Version.Therefore, , represent yourself with the Ultra Vision Leica Quad Camera by capturing photos and videos anytime and anywhere you would like. Fourthermore,Revolutionize your experience of speed and power with the cutting-edge Kirin 990 5G Chipset. In addition, The innovative design upgrades your visual entertainment and ergonomic comfort. Explore now and the future with HUAWEI P40 Pro.
- Package Dimensions: 7.91 x 6.26 x 4.02 inches
- Item Weight: 7.4 ounces
- Item model number: ELS-NX9
- Date First Available: April 8, 2020
- Manufacturer: Huawei
- This Smartphone is compatible/will work with CERTAIN GSM Networks ONLY. For exact 2G GSM, 3G, 4G/LTE, and 5G compatibility, please check with your network provider in advance before your purchase.
- Warning: There is no Google Mobile Services (GMS). Currently, it’s not possible to download Google Apps on new Huawei devices.
- 6.58 inches, OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1200 x 2640 pixels (~441 PPI density)
- 256GB Storage | 8GB RAM | Up to 256GB NM (Nano Memory) – uses shared SIM slot
- Android 10.0 (AOSP + HMS); EMUI 10.1, HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+), Octa-core (2×2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55), Mali-G76 MP16
Nubia RedMagic 5G Gaming Phone, Android 10 Snapdragon 865 Unlocked Smartphone Phones
This Nubia RedMagic 5G Gaming Phone, At a 144Hz ultra-high refresh rate, you’ll never miss a beat. Thus, Enjoy seamlessly fluid movements in action-packed games and stay before the competition. Furthermore, Red magic 5G gaming smartphone Play Smoother, 5G brings mobile gaming to an entirely new level, making it faster, smoother, and more intense than ever before. Enjoy unparalleled speeds and legless online gameplay.
In addition, Available in 3 colors and with a highly customizable RGB light on the rear, the RedMagic 5G doesn’t just look cool, it’s getting to cause you to stand out. Rocking an 18W quick charging and upgradable to 55W quick charging, the RedMagic 5G charges fast and keeps you playing longer. Don’t let a weak battery hold you back. LPDDR5 + UFS 3.0 Combining the newest LPDDR5 RAM with UFS 3.0 memory technology,
- SIM: Dual card
- Storage: 8GB+128 GB
- size: 168.6*78*9.8mm
- Display: 6.65” HD display
- Operating System: Android 10
- Battery: 4500mAh, 18W fast charging
- Camera: 64 MP front camera and 8 MP Rear camera
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touch screen, 16 million colors, Built-in cooling fan
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340px resolution; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; 388ppi
- Construction: Glass front (Gorilla Glass), Glass back, Aluminum frame
- UPC: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- With 6.65 Inches Full HD: Nubia RedMagic 5G Phone, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio, Low blue light,
- 128GB ROM+8GB RAM Storage：128/256 GB UFS3.0-LANE,Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) CPUOcta-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585), Running Android 10.0 GPU Adreno 650,
- 64MP+8MP+2MP Triple Camera: Nubia RedMagic 5G Gaming Phone 64-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel,support 8K resolution at 15fps, 4K at 60fps/30fps, 1080P at 60fps/30fps, 720P at 30fps;Front Camera
- 4500mAh-Standard Charger 11V/5A: Nubia RedMagic 5G Gaming Phone Fast charging, 18W fast charging, up to 55W fast charging. Elbow fast charging Types line, 15min charging 56%, 30min90%, 40min100%.
- Only Support AT&T/T-Mobile: The unique game mode slider with stereo speakers.
What you get:
- One Nubia Mobile Phone
- Phone Case
- Gift box
- User guide
- Data cable
- Transparent film
Nokia 8.3 5G Android Unlocked Smartphone with 8/128 GB Memory, Quad Camera
This Nokia 8.3 5G Android Unlocked Smartphone with 8/128 GB Memory, Quad Camera, Dual SIM, and 6.81-Inch Screen, Polar Night. Alos, Elevate your photos and videos to pro-level with ease with the Nokia 8.3 5G Android smartphone. Moreover, ZEISS Cinematic effects are inbuilt to assist make every video epic and therefore the PureView quad-camera empowers you to capture moments you’ll be wanting to share with the planet.
In addition, Unlock new possibilities with stunningly fast 5G like streaming, gaming, and more. Plus, you will always stay one step ahead with the newest Android upgrades. HMD Global Oy is the exclusive licensee of the Nokia brand for phones & tablets. Nokia may be a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation.
- Product Dimensions: 6.77 x 3.09 x 0.35 inches
- Item Weight: 8.1 ounces
- Manufacturer: HMD Global
- Date First Available: September 22, 2020
- Capture and share videos like a pro with ZEISS Cinematic effects.
- Master your night shots with the 2.8um specialized low-light camera, designed to capture true-to-life detail in the dark.
- Capturing still or video? With our ZEISS quad camera, you have infinite possibilities and unlimited high-quality storage.
- Lose yourself in the strikingly sharp 6.81-inch screen fit for gamers, bingers, and creators alike–thanks to pioneering PureDisplay Technology.
- Stay ahead of the game at home or away with 5G–all thanks to the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 Modular Platform.
- The fun doesn’t stop. Just one charge keeps the energy going for up to 2 days
How to choose the simplest 5G phone for you?
When trying to find a 5G phone, you’ll be wanting to think about which wireless carriers are going to be providing your telephone service. Different service providers are taking different approaches to their 5G rollouts.
Verizon, for instance, has placed stress on mmWave-based technology at the start, so if you propose getting your telephone company from Big Red, you do well to confirm that your 5G phone is capable of connecting to mmWave towers. Likewise, while T-Mobile and AT&T have a couple of mmWave deployments, the overwhelming majority of their network relies on sub-6GHz technology for initial coverage. That’s not as fast as mmWave, but it covers a wider area. An OpenSignal report on 5G network performance found that Verizon had the fastest 5G speeds, but rock bottom 5G availability. T-Mobile’s 5G reach is the most extensive, though its speeds are only slightly faster than LTE.
Apart from what 5G networks a phone supports, the standards for selecting a 5G phone is about an equivalent because it would be for any handset. Consider the processor, screen size, cameras, and other features. Battery is particularly important — 5G can draw some serious power, and you will need a phone that’s ready to handle the added demands on its battery.
Price remains a crucial distinguishing factor, and it’s getting to get more so as lower-cost 5G phones roll out later this year. In 2019, you had to pay anywhere from $850 to $1,299 for a 5G phone. Even with the Galaxy Z Fold 2 costing $2,000 — a price that has more to try to go with its foldable design than its 5G support — the worth range for 5G phones has begun to creep down a touch, led by the $699 OnePlus 8. We’re expecting to ascertain more 5G phones for around $500 as devices make use of Qualcomm’s lower-cost Snapdragon 765 and Snapdragon 768G chipsets, both of which include 5G modems. The Snapdragon 690 should mean even cheaper phones by the top of the year, though they will not be compatible with mmWave-based 5G.
How we test 5G phones
To test phones with 5G connectivity, we take them out into the sector to live download speeds with the Speedtest.net app. When possible, we compare that speed to a comparable phone on an equivalent wireless network to undertake and gauge the development that 5G has got to offer. We also note how the phone performs when 5G coverage isn’t available.
Because such a lot of that 5G performance hinges on the wireless network and not the phone itself, though, we give greater weight to the standards by which we judge all phones. We run an array of benchmarks on every phone — both synthetic benchmarks also as real-world tests like transcoding a 4K video to 1080p and timing how long it takes. Our lab also measures the brightness and color accuracy of every phone’s display. Our proprietary battery test determines longevity on a charge by endlessly streaming sites over an LTE network; we then recharge the tested phones to ascertain how quickly they charge in 15-minute intervals.
To measure camera performance, we shoot images under a spread of conditions, comparing the results to photos produced by cameras within the same price range.
For 5G phones, we also consider the worth of the device compared to comparable LTE handsets.